I have been participating in this 12 of 12 project for what seems forever - but it's only been since February 2008 - thank you so much Cathy Zielske and Susan Keuter! This posting will be the completion of my fourth year. Of all the projects I've participated in through the years this has been the most consistent and ultimately rewarding. For me and my kids, this twelfth of the month event has become time capsule of sorts. Caden is now the age Claire was when I started. The kids are so used to it they all remind each other on the 11th that "Mama is going to be taking lots of pictures tomorrow" as a form of warning, but delight as well.
And with that, this was our January 12 of 12:
01. Like every morning, this one started with coffee. I drink it really strong. It goes into a travel mug with a teaspoon of raw sugar and some half and half. Mid-way through the morning I will top it up and add a bit more cream, but no more sugar. It's as refined-free as I've managed.
02. We discovered that there was no milk in the fridge. I couldn't send Caden off to his swim meet in Hamilton without breakfast. Fortino's doesn't open until 8AM. (Crazy) So we were off to the local Mac's convenience store.
3. After dropping Caden off at Appleby to catch the bus to Hamilton with the swim team, I stopped in front of the cemetery. It was so warm out and the snow melting so fast it was eerie with all of the fog that was produced. Fabulous!
4. The house was quiet upon my return so I spent part of the morning editing photos. The night before we had celebrated Jess' birthday. Love those girls!
5. The Moe was the first downstairs. LOVE her new haircut! She was filling me in on the drama of the night before. Sigh. Grade eight sucks.
6. Around 10AM Cole came tearing down the stairs talking on his phone. It turns out he has an audition for a feature film on Monday afternoon after school, in Toronto. The part? A hockey player. Made me - and him - laugh :) FIVE pages of dialogue was sent through for him to memorize.
7. Time to update his acting resumé. That includes height. As much as he might argue, he is 5'10". We confirmed it. We also confirmed that Claire is now 5'9 3/4". When did that happen?
8. Time to pick up Caden. He came in last in two races and second-last in the front crawl. He makes me laugh as those results do not deter him at all. He's looking forward to the next meet and that Ms Core is going to give him some more instruction. LOVE his attitude!
9. For about a millisecond I thought I'd lay on the couch and close my eyes. Ha!
10. The temperatures broke records today. The thermometer said 15*C but it really felt warmer. A perfect opportunity to gather up and pack away the outdoor Christmas garland and lights.
11. Lots of screens! Most of the evening was spent watching the Denver Broncos play the Baltimore Ravens. Wow. What an amazing football game. Truly a pleasure to watch.
12. Claire returned from her volleyball tournament in Kingston earlier in the day (no, that is not a good thing returning early on a Saturday!) and had contingency plans! I picked her up and took her to the movie theatre to see Django Unchained. (I have no idea how she can watch a movie like that - eek!)
And with that another 12 of 12 is complete.
How was your day?